Wednesday 14 July 2010

Jamie's Italian kitchen Glasgow

At last! As unbelievable as this may sound I actually have nothing but good things to say about a place! After blagging a couple of tickets to Jamie Oliver's new Glasgow eatery's test day I have to say I wasn't expecting anything special, but then again I'm a grumpy little bastard and I never do...

Initial thoughts were, shall we say, confused. The inner decor was a mash up between a Russian factory and a Parisian bakery but somehow it actually worked and the staff seemed warm and friendly, with a surprising amount of tattoos on display. It just felt really relaxed to be honest which is unusual for a busy restaurant in Glasgow city centre, especially during a test run opening.

I opted for some kind of mushroom 'rice-ball' thingy's with garlic and tomato dip for my starter and garlic tagliatelle for my main course and I have to say that if it wasn't for the horrific hangover I was still suffering from the day before then it may have been the best meal I've had all year, definitely an eight out of ten! The food was well cooked and tasty and the service was friendly and prompt, as far as prices go it is a bit expensive but no more than any other restaurant round that area of the city center. Dino's is probably more expensive and this stuff beats the shit out of Dino's...hands down! In quality if not quantity though as my only slight gripe was that the portions themselves aren't more than a handful, but if you like 'em bigger ( and most of us boys do...) then you could always just opt for the larger portion, it's almost double the price but by god you won't leave that building hungry.Unless you're a big, greedy fat bastard that is, or maybe you just have a 'thyroid' problem...fatty..

No comments:

Post a Comment